- So the conversation continued from my earlier Twitter poll.
- Tim Spalding @librarythingtim reflected on the poll
- — Tim Spalding (@librarythingtim)Sun, Nov 06 2016 08:51:03@jamesclay What does this sort of thing even MEAN? You might as well say "should we use pixie-colored fantasticness?" ("Yaaaaaaay pixies!")
- — Tim Spalding (@librarythingtim)Sun, Nov 06 2016 08:56:06Programmers don't say "let's use AI to solve that!" We just don't. Marketing people say stuff like that, and we hide our giggles.
- — Tim Spalding (@librarythingtim)Sun, Nov 06 2016 09:07:27@jamesclay Could AI fix that? Yes and no and "wha?", just like animal magnetism, atomics, hypertext, genomics, XML and Big Data.
- — Tim Spalding (@librarythingtim)Sun, Nov 06 2016 09:11:23@jamesclay Sorry to be incredulous, I just don't see this as a thing. Probably some vendor will eventually sell it as if it were, though.
- — Tim Spalding (@librarythingtim)Sun, Nov 06 2016 09:17:29@jamesclay So, Airbnb for classrooms might have some appeal, but I've taught a lot in weird spaces. It's the least important factor.
- — Tim Spalding (@librarythingtim)Sun, Nov 06 2016 09:19:30@jamesclay Also, constancy of rooms has advantages. Students and profs are rarely all in the right room on time the first week.
- Joelle Nebbe-Mornod @iphigenie also discussed some of her concerns.
- — Joelle Nebbe-Mornod (@iphigenie)Sun, Nov 06 2016 09:15:43@jamesclay people have the same problem, metrics create absurd behaviours. But slower hence can correct earlier in absurdity.
- @Trevesy asked if we were asking the right questions.
- — Trevesy (@Trevesy)Sun, Nov 06 2016 10:14:52A] what do u mean by artificial AI? B] what data do u plan to use? LA? C] what scale? Institutional? Module? https://twitter.com/jamesclay/status/794866822021611520 …
- — Trevesy (@Trevesy)Sun, Nov 06 2016 10:18:21Oh I see, u meant physical space not cyber space. I still think u need a more tightly defined question https://twitter.com/jamesclay/status/794866822021611520 …
- — James Clay (@jamesclay)Sun, Nov 06 2016 15:17:20@Trevesy see https://www.jisc.ac.uk/rd/get-involved/what-does-the-imminent-arrival-of-the-intelligent-campus-mean-for-universities-and-colleges … for more depth. What questions should we be asking? #codesign16
- So if you think we should be asking different questions, then what are those questions?
- So I wonder what will happen over this week?
Easy like Sunday morning...
byJames Clay15 Views