- It was my pleasure to serve as moderator last night at Empowering Women in Tech panel organized by the World Affairs Council of Atlanta Young Leaders. It was a full house and an enthusiastic audience that assembled at the Atlanta Tech Village for a lively 90 minute session. This is recap of the highlights as captured in tweets.
- What is a technology career?
- — CecilyMcLeod (@CecilyMcLeod)Tue, Nov 18 2014 00:21:01
- On being a successful woman in tech:
- — Aileen Cole (@aileenmcole)Tue, Nov 18 2014 00:49:35
- — Kate Style Petite (@katestylepetite)Tue, Nov 18 2014 00:29:19
- — WAC Young Leaders (@WACAtlantaYL)Tue, Nov 18 2014 00:23:41In technology you're constantly learning - the industry, the niche - you HAVE to embrace learning #womenintech
- Self-confidence and decisiveness are the answers to getting out of one's comfort zone:
- — Cara Clanton (@caraclanton)Tue, Nov 18 2014 01:04:32
- Why are women so under-represented in the tech and other STEM-related sectors?
- The discussion turned to the consequences of unintentional gender bias in STEM education.
"Empowering Women in Tech" Panel Recap
Presented by the World Affairs Council of Atlanta Young Leaders