- The first day of the congress in Split, the ISHPES council for their annual meeting before the Congress.
- The annual Congress in Split began on August 18 and was kicked off with an opening reception at the breathtaking Vila Dalmatia.
- In the days to follow, various pannels were held at the Radisson hotel locate in Split.
- — Malcolm MacLean (@malcomaxx)Wed, Aug 19 2015 08:05:48Now to Sunčica Bartoluci/Zrinko Čustonja on national identity questions in football (soccer) between Croatia and the USA in 1990 #ishpes2015
- — Martin F Andersen (@MartinFA90)Wed, Aug 19 2015 09:21:41Danish participation at the 1948 Olympics was considered a huge success too - but for different reasons #ishpes2015 https://twitter.com/MattLMcDowell/status/633930869024141312 …
- — Matthew L. McDowell (@MattLMcDowell)Wed, Aug 19 2015 14:00:09Camps Y Wilant: there are a mere two references to art in Coubertin's writings. Where did his interest in art come from? #ishpes2015
- — Matthew L. McDowell (@MattLMcDowell)Thu, Aug 20 2015 07:05:46Kaufman: football entered Palestine via the British mandate. The Football Assoc was founded in 1928. #ishpes2015
International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport: Congress 2015
This past August, ISHPES members met in Split, Croatia, to uncover and share their latest insights into the history of physical education and sport.