- The current version of the API jam does not contain the offending language:
- It has been, however, captured by hundreds of people.The Perks included lots of things... including women.
- — Mat “Wilto” Marquis (@wilto)Tue, Mar 20 2012 18:28:35
- — Paul Anthony Webb (@NetOpWibby)Tue, Mar 20 2012 19:32:23RT @cbarrett: Words fail. So fucking angry. Fuck you, @sqoot https://img.skitch.com/20120320-fmsc5mciy8e7n3nxhakmegxxg9.png …m https://twitter.com/#!/cscotta/status/182176469647241216/photo/1/large …7 https://twitter.com/#!/sqoot/status/182114233285230592 …tps://twitter.com/#!/cscotta/status/182176469647241216/photo/1/large https://twitter.com/#!/sqoot/status/182114233285230592
- — [tɕʰø hwan dʑun] (@hc5duke)Tue, Mar 20 2012 19:40:38
- Mike Maney aptly pointed out that this day featured a great triumph for women in a whole other industry:
- — Mike Maney (@the_spinmd)Tue, Mar 20 2012 19:38:13Day of Contrast: Saudis OK women for Olympics http://espn.go.com/espnw/olympics/7713236/saudi-crown-prince-approves-female-athletes-london-games-according-report …spnw/sqootics/7713236/saudi-crown-p https://img.skitch.com/20120320-fmsc5mciy8e7n3nxhakmegxxg9.png …-athletes-london-games-according-report vs @Sqoot OKs women to fetch beer https://img.skitch.com/20120320-fmsc5mciy8e7n3nxhakmegxxg9.png
- Soon requests started flowing to the sponsors to pull sponsorship:
- — Sarah Kahn (@aarahkahak)Tue, Mar 20 2012 19:30:58
- — Irene Ros (@ireneros)Tue, Mar 20 2012 18:12:04
- Some sponsors backed out:Heroku:
Sexist Language Earns Sqoot Lots of Fury
Sqoot, a daily deal api, in an attempt to rally the Boston tech community for a hackathon, got it profoundly wrong.
byIrene Ros2 Likes47,527 Views