- — EncyclopaediaIranica (@iranicaonline)Mon, Apr 25 2016 19:00:45
- — EncyclopaediaIranica (@iranicaonline)Mon, Jul 25 2016 17:48:14imagine we had this for abbreviations in MSS in Arabic script @BLAsia_Africa @MidEastLibs @MELCom_UK @SultanofOman https://twitter.com/Codicologist/status/756753809599238144 …
- The topos of the enormous wealth of the Islamic manuscript tradition:
- But how much or how little are 3-6 million codices, if that is what is being counted?
- — Rachel Sagner Buurma (@rbuurma)Fri, May 01 2015 20:34:33
- — EncyclopaediaIranica (@iranicaonline)Mon, Nov 09 2015 15:32:42
- What is counted as an Islamic manuscript?
- Every manuscript that originated in a Muslim community, in any society.
- Every manuscript in Arabic script.
- Every manuscript that in terms of materials, manufacture, or esthetics appears to be an Islamic book.
- — Yael Rice (@Yael_Rice)Wed, Jul 01 2015 21:30:00"Islamic Manuscript Collections in Conflict Zones" course has scholarships for those residing in the Islamic world http://goo.gl/F3Bmml
- — EncyclopaediaIranica (@iranicaonline)Fri, Jul 03 2015 17:41:16
The Islamic Book of the Mind
Mostly @iranicaonline tweets about manuscripts & printed books in Arabic script, but not in any particular order. Occasionally, additional information is included. The hashtag #IslamicBookOfTheMind was first introduced on 20 October 2014, but not systematically used.
byDagmar Riedel397 Views