It's normal for Sen. Grassley to ask questions of President Barack Obama:
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sun, Apr 01 2012 17:49:19When is PresO going to start running agsf DoNothing Democrat Senate i e no budget for 1060 days. No nrgBill Far fewer bills and votes
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:16:52PresO : somebody on ur staff shld hv informed u the Cushing pipeline South didnt need ur approval its the one fr canada needs ur ok
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sun, Mar 11 2012 02:33:09Looks like north Korea will play PresO for sucker like they did two previous prez Food for stoping nukes won't work Will we evr. Learn ?
His biggest ax to grind, though, is with the History Channel:
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sun, Apr 01 2012 16:39:19Wondering if No History Channel would be interest in covering my axe and chain saw work at my farm for Axeman. At least it would b new
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sun, Mar 25 2012 17:02:10Since History channel doesnt hv history anymore i advise National Geographic channel. At least that channel has some history
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sun, Feb 26 2012 01:48:59Just love history. So occasionally I turn to history channel. "mud cats" when wi they put history back on the channel
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Mon, Feb 20 2012 00:59:49Just turned to history channel. No history. I used to get history. Why do we h v such a channel when it doesnt do history
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Thu, Feb 02 2012 01:14:51I turn to History channel frequently bc I like history. There is nevr any history unless u r an antique dealer. Change name!
Then, there's politics and the day in the life of a senator:
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Tue, Mar 27 2012 21:28:54Had opp too watch SCOTUS procdings this am. Interesting and educational. Wish all Americans could see. Need 2 pass my cameras in courts leg
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Thu, Mar 29 2012 22:07:35C me intrvud by greta van sunshine on FOX tonite at 9pm central. Fast and furious and white house stonewall my investigation
- He was actually interviewed by Fox's Greta Van Susteren. We think.
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sun, Mar 04 2012 23:01:21What is Alex Baldwin doing in USA advertising for Capital One credit card. He said he was going lv US of Bush was elected
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Fri, Feb 10 2012 23:39:43Good news4Dsm/DCA flyers:When Delta nonstop lvs in May USAir will takeovr w 2 daily flite. All I kno is what I've beentold abtGrassly flites
- — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley)Sat, Feb 04 2012 21:39:26Evrybody asking how Romney"relates"to avg person Me thinks"no problem" but if so I hv answer "just lv starch out of shirt"
Sen. Grassley is also a sports lover, specifically basketball:
Chuck Grassley's struggles with Twitter
Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley tweets from his personal account from his iPhone. Often the victim of auto-correcting errors or, it seems, an inability to find the right keys, more of his tweets end up being hilarious than informative. Here are some of his, let's say, finer moments.