- Ms Shafik, Deputy Managing Director quotes:
Youth Dialogue: Where Are The Jobs? Generation Y Asks Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:00 p.m. -- 4:00 p.m.
- — melisamar (@melisamar)Wed, Sep 21 2011 18:29:10
- — ritrovai (@ritrovai)Wed, Sep 21 2011 18:28:15
- — alexisestevez (@alexisestevez)Wed, Sep 21 2011 18:12:14
- Questions from the Youth before the panel
- — TheViewspaper (@TheViewspaper)Wed, Sep 21 2011 16:42:23
- — alexisestevez (@alexisestevez)Wed, Sep 21 2011 15:02:31
- — abycutechick (@abycutechick)Wed, Sep 21 2011 11:11:16How does the young generation perceive the financial crisis and its effect on unemployment in their regions? #youthjobs
2011 Annual Meeting Youth and CSO Events
- — JessicaColaco (@JessicaColaco)Tue, Sep 20 2011 15:33:04
2011 IMF Youth Events - Spring Meetings
Youth Dialogue: Where Are The Jobs? Generation Y Asks
The financial crisis has created new challenges for the youth worldwide. Amongst the most pressing issues for youth is jobs. In many parts of the world, the youth unemployment rates are alarmingly high, leading to social unrest. The challenge for policymakers is to create a conducive macroeconomic environment for sustained growth--that generates jobs and opportunities for the young generation.