- — DrugScope (@DrugScope)Mon, Mar 30 2015 14:30:19It is with deep regret that we have to announce that as of today, DrugScope is closing down - http://www.drugscope.org.uk/Media/Press+office/pressreleases/DrugScope+to+close …
- — Sam Thomas (@iamsamthomas)Tue, Mar 31 2015 10:19:30.@DrugScope closes today. So proud of the organisation, my brilliant colleagues and their grace under pressure http://www.drugscope.org.uk/Media/Press+office/pressreleases/DrugScope+to+close …
The response from: UK drug and alcohol organisations
- — Addaction (@AddactionUK)Tue, Mar 31 2015 11:06:27Very sad news about @DrugScope closing. Great article about the history of the organisation & its work: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/30/drug-abuse-charity-drugscope-closes-lack-funds …
- — Action on Addiction (@ActionAddiction)Tue, Mar 31 2015 13:56:42Really sad to hear @DrugScope is closing. We wish everyone the best and will miss having their expertise.
- — Cranstoun (@Cranstoun_org)Tue, Mar 31 2015 07:55:58So sad to hear about the closure of @DrugScope. Thanks for all your great & valuable work over the years. You'll be missed.
- — Phoenix Futures (@PhoenixFutures1)Mon, Mar 30 2015 19:31:38@DrugScope sad to lose an organisation that spoke up for the most marginalised in society, thanks for your huge contribution
- — Alcohol Research UK (@AlcoResearchUK)Mon, Mar 30 2015 17:26:42We are all very sad and shocked to hear about the closure of @DrugScope today. It is an enormous loss to the sector.
- — AmyWinehouseFdation (@AmysFoundation)Mon, Mar 30 2015 15:23:14So sorry to hear that @DrugScope is closing. Huge loss to the sector. Such expertise.
- John Jolly, chief executive of drug and alcohol charity Blenheim:
- — John Jolly (@JohnJolly64)Mon, Mar 30 2015 21:27:42
- Niamh Eastwood, executive director of drugs charity Release:
- — Niamh Eastwood (@niamhrelease)Mon, Mar 30 2015 15:34:10Really sad news about @DrugScope closing, they have been tireless in ensuring the issues of marginalised people who use drugs are heard
- Oliver Standing, policy and project manager at Adfam, a charity for families affected by substance misuse:
- — Oliver Standing (@OliverStanding)Tue, Mar 31 2015 08:59:29-@DrugScope's non-partisan info, good-practice resources & sector stewardship role will be sadly missed - demonstrated by twitter response.
- Sarah Woodhouse, head of external affairs at health and social care provider Turning Point:
- — Sarah Woodhouse (@sarahw00dh0use)Tue, Mar 31 2015 14:51:18
- — NZ Drug Foundation (@nzdrug)Mon, Mar 30 2015 18:30:55Stunned by the news this morning that our UK colleagues @DrugScope are closing. #independentvoice #evidence http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/30/drug-abuse-charity-drugscope-closes-lack-funds …
- Professor Keith Humphreys, Stanford University:
- — Keith Humphreys (@KeithNHumphreys)Tue, Mar 31 2015 11:55:37The closure of @DrugScope is a big loss for the UK drug field. They did terrific, credible, widely-respected work for years.
- Gonzalo, Universidad CEU-USP, Madrid:
- — Gonzalo (@gherradon)Tue, Mar 31 2015 18:55:25Malas noticias en la lucha contra los daños a todos los niveles que provocan las drogodependencias. http://www.drugscope.org.uk/Media/Press+office/pressreleases/DrugScope+to+close …
End of an era: DrugScope closes after 15 years serving the sector
On 31 March 2015, the leading drug and alcohol charity DrugScope closed due to funding pressures. The response to the news was overwhelming – below is a small sample of the messages that have flooded in.
bySam Thomas2,539 Views