- The day started in the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden at 11:30 a.m. with women's teams leaving the starting gate. Teams waited through 90 second countdowns and left the park in waves.
- At the convention center downtown fans were in attendance at Fan Fest where businesses, artists and others were putting on exhibits. Others were lining the street to watch the racers.
- Monument Avenue, home of numerous statues of confederate soldiers, had fans lining its sidewalks the day after a press conference was held in which an activist group said the statues did not represent the feelings of the city.
- The winners in the women's time trial took to the podium just after 1:30 p.m.
- Back in Lewis Ginter, the men were beginning to leave the starting gate.
Day 2 of the 2015 UCI Championships: Women's and men's time trial
Team @velociosports took home the gold for the women and @BMCProTeam took home gold for the men. A summary of Day 2 of the 2015 UCI Championships by iPadJournos reporters Matt Leonard and Margo Maier.