- Melody Torcolacci is a #QueensU prof with an MA in Sports Sociology who teaches 1st year health. And for the past few years, she's been teaching that vaccines are connected to AIDS/Autism/etc.
- It started when @LifeBetterGreen tweeted his rage about how this was *still* happening.
- — Michael Green (@lifebettergreen)Tue, Feb 03 2015 20:48:11Can we talk about how horrible it is that Melody Torcolacci still teaches that vaccines cause autism in university-level classes? #queensu
- The Prof has been flagged to the School of Kinesiology & Health Studies in the past, but institutional response was... not very reactive.
- — Isabelle Duchaine (@iDuchaine)Wed, Feb 04 2015 01:42:20
- It's a first year, introductory class. Many thanks to the student who provided these slides.
- All the material in the links are "GOING TO BE ON THE TEST!!!!!"
- — Isabelle Duchaine (@iDuchaine)Wed, Feb 04 2015 01:57:18Just a little summary: University students, in Canada, at @queensu, are being taught that the polio vaccine caused AIDS. Spoiler: it didn't.
- — Andrew Aulthouse (@AndrewAulthouse)Wed, Feb 04 2015 02:08:38@iDuchaine judging by how wordy it is I think she might be missing the point on both memes and science
- — AMS Academic Affairs (@AMS_AAC)Wed, Feb 04 2015 02:05:06To those of you as concerned about the vaccine slides as I am: SKHS has been informed and I'm hopeful that decisions will advance positively
- — Emmett Macfarlane (@EmmMacfarlane)Wed, Feb 04 2015 02:14:24Surely "academic freedom" has limits. Like, I can't teach utterly false crap. Those tweets from @iDuchaine are insane.
- — Flynn (@Flynn416)Wed, Feb 04 2015 02:15:37@iDuchaine @AMS_AAC Judging from the other course topics there may be a lot more than one bad slide deck: http://www.queensu.ca/skhs/sites/default/files/HLTH102CourseSummary.pdf …
- — Isabelle Duchaine (@iDuchaine)Wed, Feb 04 2015 02:32:48And remember, every term #QueensU students fill out teaching assessments. You can't plead administrative ignorance http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=549716 …
- Without vaccines, the Prof encourages students to arm themselves against communicable disease with garlic.
A Canadian University is Teaching Anti-Vax "Science"
A Prof at @QueensU has been teaching Health 102 - Physical Determinants of Health- and preaching against vaccinations.
byIsabelle Duchaine8 Likes78,590 Views