- TMZ broke the story, and followed up with an odd detail.
- Celebrities weigh in.
- — Questo of The Roots (@questlove)Thu, May 17 2012 16:08:07Donna Summer. Man I can't believe this--- like "My Baby Understands" was on my workout playlist this morning! This MORNING! God...I just...
- — Questo of The Roots (@questlove)Thu, May 17 2012 16:10:51Man...I know that the whole "disco sucks" stuff left a bad taste in the mouths of some. But Summer's work was really a credible legacy.
- — Neil Patrick Harris (@ActuallyNPH)Thu, May 17 2012 16:26:22Donna Summer passed away today. Same day as Jim Henson, 22 years ago. In honor of both: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj9FezVge1k …om/watch?v=hj9FezVge1k
- — Boyz II Men (@BoyzIIMen)Thu, May 17 2012 16:25:52It's unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to another amazing talent. Donna Summer, Queen of Disco, our condolences to her family!
- Her fans are devastated.
- — eyore stravinsky (@white_cell)Thu, May 17 2012 16:19:36Donna Summer died for me when she got it into her head that AIDS was divine retribution. That was right at the end of her career, wasn't it?
- — John Franklin (@JontyFulminates)Thu, May 17 2012 16:19:36Donna Summer's 2008 album Crayons was unappreciated genius. This song about fame hits it right on the head; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRANqCeVvOc …om/watch?v=PRANqCeVvOc
Reactions to the death of Donna Summer
Disco queen Donna Summer died today after a long battle with cancer. Here's what her fans and other celebrities are saying about her legacy.
byHouston Chronicle11,927 Views