Rumors were flying in the hours before the launch:
- It was hard to pick a good liveblog to follow. Somebody needs to make a liveblog to follow all the liveblogs.
- Is this what I'm looking for?
- The first announcement of the day was the iBooks 3.0 update, featuring continuous scrolling, customizable fonts, and a feature allowing you to share individual passages on Twitter or Facebook. The reaction from many over this was: what took you so long?
- Going small: Next up was the new 13-inch version of Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Previously this model was only sold in the 15-inch model.
- What the new iMac lacks in retina-display, it makes up for by being really really thin:
- Is the new iMac too thin?
- Apple also introduced the new Mac Mini desktop computer, inspiring one of the few laughs of the day
- Oh, there's also a new full-size iPad
- OK enough said.
So then it was time for what everyone was waiting for. Judging by the reaction ("it's just a small tablet!" / "It's just a big iPhone!") It's hard to imagine what they expected.
- In closing: