- — Anne Jefferson (@highlyanne)Wed, Mar 14 2012 17:45:09Off to tell 1st year faculty about benefits/perils of social media. Anyone want to share why you use Twitter? @highlyanne with your reply.
- And here's the answers I got.
- — Ryan Anderson (@marschronicler)Wed, Mar 14 2012 17:47:24@highlyanne for work, I've used twitter to get mineral spectra, access to journal articles, and rapid programming help.
- — Lockwood DeWitt (@lockwooddewitt)Wed, Mar 14 2012 17:51:46@highlyanne Quick feedback/answers to simple Q's; breaking news & info, geo/science links; fun, intelligent humor.
- — Matt Hall (@kwinkunks)Wed, Mar 14 2012 17:57:49@highlyanne Single quickest way to broaden your network beyond 'usual suspects' — I'd never have met all these amazing tweeps otherwise
- — Eva Rose (@thankascientist)Wed, Mar 14 2012 18:06:11@highlyanne when I'm feeling down or uninspired, the endless excitement for science on twitter reminds me why I love it
- — barefootwriter (@bfwriter)Wed, Mar 14 2012 18:12:20@highlyanne one of my profs had the Starbucks logo on his PPT. I pointed at it and said "that logo changed today." I knew because of Twitter
- — barefootwriter (@bfwriter)Wed, Mar 14 2012 18:15:58@highlyanne during my undergrad degree, we saw the death of famous amnesiac H.M. and 40th anniversary of the Stanford Prison Experiment.
- I think many of the folks at the session were still in the "being overwhelmed by it all" stage, but several participants asked very good questions. Maybe even some future bloggers and Tweeters in the group. Not a bad way to spend part of an afternoon.
- — Anne Jefferson (@highlyanne)Wed, Mar 14 2012 19:59:25Thanks for the twitter reasons everyone. I think there were some takers at the workshop. Plus, I finally got to meet @Jamesdtabor.
- For my take on what I use Twitter for, and why and how I blog, you can read the post I wrote to prepare myself for the session.
What do you use Twitter for?
Upon asked to tell new faculty how I use social media, I wrote a blog post. I concluded that it was really about the people and the interactions, so just before heading to the workshop I asked my Tweeps what they get out of twtter. they didn't let me down.
byAnne Jefferson170 Views