- Some of you praise the sport itself -- for how it tests athletes' endurance and how elegant its strategy can be.
- — Brad Lahm (@blahm44)Mon, Jul 29 2013 15:22:22@heycori Soccer is the most physical enduring sport. The players are thoroughbreds of the athletic world. WC is comparable to winning a war!
- — Roger Caine (@GoColts59)Mon, Jul 29 2013 14:35:33@heycori There's finesse involved in every moment & non-stop action. So much like chess it's hard to believe. Gold Cup final has me hooked!
- And some of you admire the way the internationally popular game brings the globe together.
- — Adam Wren (@adamwren)Mon, Jul 29 2013 14:45:35@heycori Soccer unites more than 200 nations in one common language: The beautiful game. It transcends language & location, class & creed.
- — Ian Connor (@Ian_Connor_)Mon, Jul 29 2013 13:34:34
- — vicki pistol (@vickipistol)Mon, Jul 29 2013 14:43:45@heycori Soccer is a fun and hard working game that unites the world and my teammates and I. We don't wake up at 5am everyday for nothing!
- — Drew Russell (@drewrussell7)Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:24:28@heycori soccer has allowed me to make countless connections and friends around the globe. I get chills every time I see a ball being kicked
- The connections it fosters occur on a small scale, too. Countless families bond over that black-and-white ball ... and it gets the girls in the game, especially!
- — jacki cuthbert (@jacqln_foster)Mon, Jul 29 2013 14:03:29@heycori I studied abroad in France during the Euro 2004 and got hooked as a way to bond with my host family. Ever since then - I love it!
- Did you grow up playing soccer? Like me, you probably didn't know it was possible NOT to!
- — Brad A (@BradIntentions)Mon, Jul 29 2013 14:42:51
- — Michael Kobrowski (@mekobi)Mon, Jul 29 2013 14:32:50@heycori Soccer/Fussball is what I was first brought up with in my olde homeland of Germany. I remember my brother taking me to the stadium.
- — Jen Bradley (@JBlaser3)Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:34:10
- — Nicolás (@Nick_Eberhart_)Mon, Jul 29 2013 09:54:02@heycori dad introduced me to the game at age 5 & now coach 4-6 yr olds. Taught me dedication & provided a safe outlet for stress. Love it!
- Some of you have found players to admire and inspire you ...
- — Kelsey Minier (@KelseyUSA)Mon, Jul 29 2013 12:31:07@heycori I was an unpopular kid in middle school. Being good at soccer made me feel awesome. Mia Hamm was my idol. I'll always love soccer.
- ... though some of your love for soccer's players comes from a DIFFERENT perspective!
- Thanks, everyone, for reponding! I drew @AIGrossnickle as the winner of the 4-ticket pack. Sorry to everyone who hoped to win and didn't, but don't worry ... I'll have another giveaway soon enough!
Why do YOU like soccer? Twitter users share their passion!
The bonds it creates among family and nations; the beauty and athleticism of the sport; the buzz that surrounds it: SO many things unite fans of the game of soccer, from the responses I got on Twitter this morning! Thanks to those who told me why YOU love soccer! Check out the best responses below!
byCori Faklaris575 Views