Manti Te'o passed up for draft
- Shocker: The Notre Dame star wasn't picked up in Round 1 of the NFL draft! Funny, considering he's the best-known college player on the scene today - whether for his athletic prowess, or his tabloid-worthy notoriety in the wake of the "Lennay Kekua" scandal.
- (Te'o was smart enough not to be present for the cameras Thursday night -- Geno Smith's humiliation, however, was captured for all to see. )
- In the wake of Te'o's snub by the NFL clubs, the linebacker attracted plenty of defenders on social media:
- Of course, not everyone's a fan of the Fighting Irish star - noting his relatively poor performance at the NFL scounting combine, which may be the major reason most teams paused before drafting him in Round 1.
- And naturally, plenty of hilarity was posted referring to Te'o's nonexistent dead online girlfriend, and his gullibility whereof. (Will we EVER forget about "Lennay Kekua"?)
- And I gotta agree with this. Te'o would be RIPE to be punked by a joker this draft weekend!
- But c'mon: How does he NOT get a call? Even if it's only for the publicity and the name recognition he adds to his pro team.
- Te'o and other prospects could be snatched up in today's Rounds 2 and 3, which begin at 6:30 p.m. Watch on ESPN, ESPN2, or listen on 107.5-FM or 1070-AM.