- — Carole Emberton (@CaroleEmberton)Tue, Jun 06 2017 23:25:43Tickled to be a part of this! https://twitter.com/kyhistsoc/status/872184270370066432 …
- — Diane M Sommerville (@ProfSommerville)Wed, Jun 07 2017 00:20:59If you're in Kentucky this week, come by ya'll! @CaroleEmberton @ljgordon106 @AnneSarahRubin @cfeimster https://twitter.com/kyhistsoc/status/872184270370066432 …
- "Erin go Bragh, Y’all: The History of the Irish in Louisville"
- — David Gleeson (@dgleesonhistory)Wed, Jun 07 2017 15:13:45Delighted to part of this great event with these outstanding historians @KyHistSoc tomorrow. #CivilWar https://twitter.com/KyHistSoc/status/872184270370066432 …
Day 1: June 8, 2017
- — Patrick Lewis (@KyPLewis)Fri, Jun 09 2017 09:58:22
Session 1: Between Slavery and Freedom
- Moderator: Anastasia Curwood
- — Hannah M. O'Daniel (@hannah_odaniel)Thu, Jun 08 2017 13:53:2719th c tipling laws targeting free and enslaved blacks about so much more than black alcohol consumption.
- — Hannah M. O'Daniel (@hannah_odaniel)Thu, Jun 08 2017 13:57:59Blacks had money and potentially moved in public spaces to purchase alcohol, which made whites anxious about black assertions of freedom
2017 Civil War Governors of Kentucky Symposium
Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, KY -- June 8-9, 2017
byHannah M. O'Daniel13 Likes105 Views