- An 18-year-old man was shot multiple time in North Philadelphia Thursday night. Joe Kaczmarek reported and has more photos at: joekaczmarek.blogspot.com/
Altogether, at least seven people were wounded, one critically, in three separate shootings Thursday night and early today in different parts of Philadelphia. An eighth person - a 31-year-old man - also was killed in a shooting early today in West Oak Lane, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer/Daily News Breaking News Desk.
- According to CBS3: An 18-year-old woman was also injured at the North Philadelphia shooting, suffering a minor graze wound to the face.
- At a murder scene in West Oak Lane, investigators believe the victim may have known his killers because of and initial luring phone call.
- No arrests immediately followed a shooting that wounded four in Olney, but police are reviewing surveillance video.
- Five police officers were injured in closing time brawls at two other bars.
- According to Philly.com: Police have made an arrest in connection with the barber shop murder in upper Darby on Wednesday.
- And closing arguments were completed in a carjacking murder case in Atlantic City.