- Across the country, Egyptian voters have turned out to vote in the country's first elections since the fall of Hosni Mubarak. You can follow live updates from the elections on our live blog with @matthew_weaver and on-the-ground reports from @hackneylad and @martinchulov.
Tweeters are reporting big queues at polling stations:
- Some great photos of the polling stations in Alexandria are being shared by Islam Kotb on Flickr:
- Long queues, mean long waiting times:
- Blogger Ranya Khalifa has been tweeting her progress in the polling station queue:
- While others report on the atmosphere amongst voters:
- Male and female voters are lining the streets
- Which makes good business sense for some local traders:
- And after the wait?