- — Sophy Ridge (@SophyRidgeSky)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:55:57While GMB and Unite leaders have praised Ed Miliband's speech to Sky News, Unison seem rather reluctant to come forward...
- — Tim Shipman (Mail) (@ShippersUnbound)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:55:00Miliband, who usually takes 22 words to explain anything, has dramatised diff between Lab & Tory in 2 words & he's used Tory slogan to do it
- — Jon Snow (@jonsnowC4)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:53:22Intriguing centre ground Milliband speech ;no green;no international: but focus on one nation education/youth jobs: Qantum leap on last year
- — Paul Waugh (@paulwaugh)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:50:01Mistake to think One Nation means EdM is trying to reoccupy the Blair centre ground. He's trying to shift the centre leftwards. V different
- — Iain Martin (@iainmartin1)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:45:38Labour crazy to push this £40K cheque for millionaires line. It's simply not true. A balls up they should not have put in the speech.
- — Tom Newton Dunn (@tnewtondunn)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:43:17YouGov's Peter Kellner: "The best Labour party leader's speech since Kinnock in 1985 and the most important since Blair in 1994".
- — Chris Ship (@chrisshipitv)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:36:40OK I've been nice about the speech. So can I now ask where was the economic detail?Or any detail? Lots "shouldn't do" Not so much "would do"
- — Iain Dale (@IainDale)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:24:02Undoubtedly Ed Milibands best big speech. But the question remains: Where's the beef? And what kind of PM would he be? Jury remains out.
- — Patrick Wintour (@patrickwintour)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:29:45Give him extraordinary credit for delivery, and for a bold land grab on One Nation. Big debates in leaders office on whether to risk theme.
- — Joe Murphy (@JoeMurphyLondon)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:27:34Ed M is ending. Brilliant delivery, superb rhetoric but mostly Labour's greatest hits under a One Nation flag rather than new thinking
- — Tim Shipman (Mail) (@ShippersUnbound)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:27:29Too long and absent of detail but that is the best speech by a Labour leader since Blair in about 2004.
- — Phillip Blond (@Phillip_Blond)Tue, Oct 02 2012 14:26:42failure of the Miliband speech is mixing one nation with tired partisan stuff on taxes, NHS and millionaires - diminished the impact #lab12
Ed Miliband's Labour conference speech - Twitter reaction
Commentators from across the political spectrum were impressed by Miliband's notes-free speech to Labour conference
byThe Guardian1 Like582 Views