- Our 50 months to save the world interactive featured many innovative ideas from experts and Guardian readers suggesting what can be done to combat climate change. We asked @guardianeco followers to Tweet us their suggestions. Here is a selection of what they came up with.
- — Sustrans Champions (@GetActiveTravel)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:41:20How to we beat climate change? A good start would be to switch all journeys of 5 miles or less to cycling or walking #50months
- — The Climate Group (@ClimateGroup)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:42:18
- — Robert Wilson (@PlanktonMath)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:42:57Drop all production subsidies for energy, including renewables, and put in place a proper price on carbon. #50months
- — Mathana Muhilan (@mathanamuhilan)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:49:34
- — Paul Le Comte (@five15design)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:46:56
- — Brian Fitzgerald (@brianfit)Mon, Oct 01 2012 15:02:00
- — nature photographer (@seasonalight)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:53:46
- — BC (@savebutterflies)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:51:59
- — Alex Blackburne (@AlexBlackburne)Mon, Oct 01 2012 09:55:29As developed countries we shape the whole world by the way we vote, invest and consume. We can, and must, do it sustainably. #50months
- — nature photographer (@seasonalight)Mon, Oct 01 2012 10:03:21
- — Maria Peytcheva (@MariaPeytcheva)Mon, Oct 01 2012 10:46:06
- — Deepa Vyas (@DeepaVy)Mon, Oct 01 2012 12:25:54
- — John Hill-Daniel (@Jollymath)Mon, Oct 01 2012 12:42:19#50months Legislate to make Make Not-For-Profit the default business model. When we've got used to that, make it the only model.
- — Juliet Michaelson (@julietm)Mon, Oct 01 2012 13:36:28
- — Chris Garrard (@TheGarrard)Mon, Oct 01 2012 15:41:26#50months "Continuing with oil will seriously damage your health" Time to treat oil like we do tobacco - as life threatening.
- Thank you for your suggestions. You can continue the debate on the Guardian Environment blog.
50 months to save the world - Twitter suggestions
@guardianeco followers shared their ideas and suggestions of what needs to be done to avoid a climate crisis
byThe Guardian1 Like2,463 Views