- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 20:57:01Let's write about something we know nothing about & be smug, overbearing & patronizing: after all, they're just wogs: http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/estonian-rhapsdoy/ ….nytimes.com/2012/06/06/estonian-rhapsdoy/
- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 21:06:29Guess a Nobel in trade means you can pontificate on fiscal matters & declare my country a "wasteland". Must be a Princeton vs Columbia thing
- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 21:15:54But yes, what do we know? We're just dumb & silly East Europeans. Unenlightened. Someday we too will understand. Nostra culpa.
- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 21:32:11Let's sh*t on East Europeans: their English is bad, won't respond & actually do what they've agreed to & reelect govts that are responsible.
- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 22:10:43Chill. Just because my country's policy runs against the Received Wisdom & I object doesn't mean y'all gotta follow me. http://mobile.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/120604/estonia-economy-technology-skype-euro-zone-debt-crisis#mobify-bookmark …post.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/120604/estonia-economy-technology-skype-euro-zone-debt-crisis#mobify-bookmark
- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 22:37:23Sorry, not conserv. or leftist. Just can't fathom why following agreed upon EU fiscal rules justifies smug & snide gloating re: my country.
- — toomas hendrik ilves (@IlvesToomas)Wed, Jun 06 2012 23:12:39OK, something a bit longer than 140 ch. on why we might be a bit peeved. No argumentum ad auctorem: not where but why: http://www.hoover.org/publications/policy-review/article/111786 …g/publications/policy-review/article/111786
President of Estonia Slams Paul Krugman
NYT resident pontificator Paul Krugman wrote a blog post claiming the recent news about Estonia's growing economy was not accurate, apparently mainly because it isn't the bureaucracy that's growing. Toomas Ilves, the President of Estonia, was understandably upset, and posted a few choice tweets.
byScott Oliver322 Views