- Gwen Stefani sang it best. "See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl.
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end." The dream of an endless cash flow is unlikely to become a reality for most millenials early in their careers. How do you dig yourself out of college debt and save for retirement on your starter salary?Fortunately, A Plus and Nerd Wallet stepped up to gather financial experts across Twitter for a Millenials and Money chat. We were so excited to be included among the money experts who weighed in. Here are some of the key takeaways on increasing your earnings, paying off debt, and saving for retirement.
- — NerdWallet (@NerdWallet)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:08:18
- — GoGirl Finance (@gogirlfinance)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:08:29Frequently employers will match this amount or a portion of it! #NerdChats https://twitter.com/bethkobliner/status/710890348835434496 …
- — Michelle Schroeder (@SenseofCents)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:07:21@aplusapp @NerdWallet Definitely recommend looking into Digit. It's awesome! Here's my review http://www.makingsenseofcents.com/2015/07/digit-review-savings-app-account.html … #NerdChats
- — Chris Taylor (@christaylor_nyc)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:09:58
- — Beth Kobliner (@BethKobliner)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:11:23#NerdChats A2 honestly, best to start by skimming 10% off the top. Everyone wonders 'how will i live?' but it's amazing how it can work
- — GoGirl Finance (@gogirlfinance)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:13:52A2: Start by setting aside a portion of this year's tax refund. http://gogirlfinance.com/5-ways-to-blow-your-tax-refund/ … #NerdChats
- — Michelle Schroeder (@SenseofCents)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:23:13
- — GoGirl Finance (@gogirlfinance)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:23:34Ask for a percentage rather than a dollar amount. #NerdChats https://twitter.com/aplusapp/status/710893796150677504 …
- — Lauren Young (@LaurenYoung)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:27:28A5) Hello, gig economy: But be careful of tax bite http://reut.rs/1XAJ66S #NerdChats https://twitter.com/aplusapp/status/710895049685520384 …
- — Stacey Tisdale (@STisdale1)Fri, Mar 18 2016 18:28:16A5: A roommate is a great option if possible. Air bnb also good if you're comfortable with it and it fits your living situation #nerdchats
Here's What You Missed at #NerdChats Millenials and Money
byGoGirl Finance2,137 Views