- — Shawna Arielle (@deepwater03)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:23:21Did anyone expect to see Rob Ford at Pride? I'm honestly sad though that there'll be no Jack Layton dancing in leather pants #RIP
- While Mayor Ford enjoys his family trip to the cottage, many people criticize his choice of choosing a family tradition over the Pride parade.
- — Ben Kinsey (@BenjaminoKinsey)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:21:59So Rob Ford will once again not attend Gay Pride. Apparently the big bad gay people scare him too much #Ridiculous
- — Sara Musgrave (@missmusgrave)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:22:48
- — Marcus Burnett (@markgougeon)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:25:02RT @AdamGougeon: One of these years they'll think to move the Pride Parade from Canada Day so Rob Ford can go. He always seems so broken up about missing it.
- — Meghan Marie (@go_yoga)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:26:03Can we fire him?! Seriously. Please? “Rob Ford confirms he once again won't be attending the Pride Parade.Conflicts with cottage weekend.”
- — Matthew Chau (@mattmchau)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:59:50
- While many people responded with vitriol, some people either sided with the Mayor or asked why it was creating such a controversy.
- — Lori Bosworth (@LoriBosworth)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:27:18Okay, so Rob Ford wants to spend Canada Day at the cottage, but can't he attend at least one Pride event in the week prior?
- — Gaby Miranda (@Gaby_arg)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:58:30RT @OHandleme: Equality = everything is fair. How can yu hate on Rob Ford for his views re: pride parade, if you want people to respect you for your views?
- — George Kalamaris (@Big_G23)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:46:35Who cares if Mayor Rob Ford would rather go to his family cottage over attend the pride parade ? Maybe he just values family tradition
- — 'JT' (@JindianTiger)Wed, Apr 18 2012 17:22:33Rob Ford should attend the FLAG raising for Pride Parade this year...doesn't affect me, just a few minutes of laughing at him sweat #Toronto
Rob Ford and Pride
For the second year in a row, Mayor Rob Ford is refusing to attend the Pride Parade in Toronto - causing many to respond with vitriol and others supporting the Mayor.