- — Kevin Westgarth (@KWesty19)Sun, Jan 06 2013 14:00:48
- — Nathan Thompson (@NateThompson44)Sun, Jan 06 2013 13:47:04This vigorous process.Its greatly appreciated. And apologies to all fans and others who have been effected during this lockout.#lockoutover
- — Nick Bonino (@NickBonino)Sun, Jan 06 2013 12:27:13Great news to wake up to. Huge thanks to Don and the executive committee, and everyone battling it out the last couple months.
- — Nathan Thompson (@NateThompson44)Sun, Jan 06 2013 13:44:54Finally it's time! Getting the sun block out for some hockey in paradise. Thank you to all the staff and players who worked so hard through
- — Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins)Sun, Jan 06 2013 15:09:12“I am really happy that a deal was reached and we’re all excited to get back to playing hockey." #Pens captain Sidney Crosby
- — Andrew Ference (@Ferknuckle)Sun, Jan 06 2013 12:07:22From my grandparents to our B’s fans, I am deeply sorry that we had to miss so much hockey. All we can do now is play our hearts out for you
- — Andrew Ference (@Ferknuckle)Sun, Jan 06 2013 12:04:19I hope that we can replace the intense negativity brought on our sport with a reminder of how great it can be when the action is on the ice.
- — Andrew Ference (@Ferknuckle)Sun, Jan 06 2013 12:02:47As players we can now do what we do best. Proudly pull on our jerseys and play with complete passion for our cities and fans.
- — Lars Eller (@Eller_89)Sun, Jan 06 2013 13:40:52Was very proud an honored to play for JYP Jyväskylä these last two months. Unreal teammates and great organization. Thank you #smliiga
- — Jason Williams (@jason__willy)Sun, Jan 06 2013 10:26:10
- Meanwhile, Stephen Harper and other hockey fans across Canada shared their thoughts on the end of the lockout.
Now Trending: Players and fans celebrate end of NHL lockout
After six long months of negotiations, it took one extremely long night to get the NHL out of the boardroom and back on the ice. After 113 days, the lockout ended Sunday morning and players and fans couldn't be happier. Take a look at reaction online: