- — Erin Conway-Smith (@ejcs)Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:59:26Obama is meeting Mandela family members at Mandela Centre of Memory in Houghton before heading to Soweto for town hall w/ young Africans
- — Erin Conway-Smith (@ejcs)Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:47:00
- — Erin Conway-Smith (@ejcs)Sat, Jun 29 2013 13:22:17Reuters says there were "scuffles" b/w #NObama protesters and police outside university in Soweto where Obama will host a town hall event
- — Verashni Pillay (@verashni)Sat, Jun 29 2013 13:17:40
- — Erin Conway-Smith (@ejcs)Sat, Jun 29 2013 16:22:35RT @geoffreyyork Obama tells audience about police bullets in Soweto, 1976; no comment on rubber bullets shot at protestors in Soweto today
- — Daily Maverick (@dailymaverick)Sat, Jun 29 2013 14:12:24Very, very proud of our journalist @khadijapatel, who just got a shoutout from Barack Obama. He called here a "fearless journalist"
- — Erin Conway-Smith (@ejcs)Sat, Jun 29 2013 14:08:49First question to Obama is about AGOA, trade agreement that allows African products to US duty free. Is due to expire - will it be extended?
Obama speaks to young Africans in Soweto
GlobalPost's Erin Conway-Smith reports live from the President's town hall in Soweto, South Africa