- As gala day got underway, many people took to Twitter to share in our excitement about our 25th anniversary and #gfwXXV.
- — Urgent Action Fund (@UrgentAct)Wed, Oct 30 2013 16:09:05
- — Amina Doherty (@sheroxlox)Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:23:56
- — GPFUSA (@GboweePeaceUSA)Wed, Oct 30 2013 20:45:11
- — Rajasvini Bhansali (@rajasvini)Wed, Oct 30 2013 09:15:16
- — Kaari Murungi (@bettymurungi)Wed, Oct 30 2013 16:30:58
- — Orange Jammies (@orangejammies)Thu, Oct 31 2013 01:12:33
- As the doors opened, women leaders, activists, and Global Fund for Women supporters, board members, and family kicked off an unforgettable evening at Fort Mason, painted with bold XXV colors.
- — Jensine Larsen (@jensine)Thu, Oct 31 2013 02:42:16
- — Wanjiru Kamau-Rutenb (@wanjirukr)Wed, Oct 30 2013 22:22:11
- The Gala began with a welcome song from former Globie Maame, an inspirational speech from author and activist Isabel Allende, and an exceptional toast from the first-ever US Ambassador for Global Women's Issues, Melanne Verveer.
- — Global Fund forWomen (@GlobalFundWomen)Thu, Oct 31 2013 01:49:16
- — Global Fund forWomen (@GlobalFundWomen)Thu, Oct 31 2013 01:59:57
- Following the toast, the dinner officially began with words from our Board Chair Leila Hessini, President and CEO Musimbi Kanyoro, Board Member and Executive Director of UN Women Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, and grantee and Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee - plus, a video message from the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
- — Global Fund forWomen (@GlobalFundWomen)Thu, Oct 31 2013 02:33:53"The old saying is so true: we stand on the shoulders of the sheroes and heroes who came before us" Leila Hessini #gfwxxv
Celebrating #gfwXXV at our San Francisco Gala - October 30, 2013
Over 900 people gathered at Fort Mason in San Francisco on October 30, 2013 to celebrate Global Fund for Women's 25th anniversary year. Complete with honored speakers, grantees, talented performers, and a high-energy photo booth, the SF Gala was an evening to remember.
byGlobal Fund forWomen1 Like23 Views