- Second grade students will be hosting the May All School Meeting on Thursday, May 11. They will share what they have learned about being resilient. We will also be sponsoring a Spirit Day this month. Wacky Wednesday will be on May 10. Mix those plaids and stripes! If you are able, we ask that you consider donating an item to the food locker so that families can "mix up" a delicious meal.
- The annual PTO Basket Raffle and Silent Auction will be held on Friday, May 12. Doors open at 2:00 and winners will be announced at 7:00. Pizza, hot dogs, and snacks will be available for purchase. We appreciate the tremendous effort and planning the PTO did to sponsor this event. Money raised during this evening funds field trips students take throughout the school year.
- Jump Rope for Heart will be held on Monday, May 22, for kindergarten students and on Tuesday, May 23, for students in grades 1-6. Students will jump rope during their P.E. classes. Please consider donating to the American Heart Association!
- Field Day volunteers are needed. Gales Ferry students will have Field Day on Tuesday, May 30th. Juliet W. Long students will have Field Day on June 13th. Please contact Paula Bousquet at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Sean Harren represented JWL at the Connecticut Invention Convention. He attended the regional competition at Goodwin College on April 6 and the statewide finals at UCONN on April 29. He has advanced to the finals in Washington D.C. Way to go, Sean!
- Two of our students received an Honorable Mention from the Connecticut Writing Project. We are proud of Lincoln and Evelyn!
- The annual Science Fair was held on Thursday, April 27. There were many creative and innovative projects. We appreciate those who planned the event and the numerous judges from the community who met with our students.
Art Room News