- — Karen S. Conlin (@GramrgednAngel)Wed, Feb 17 2016 21:03:29Wow, talk about an open-ended question! #ACESchat A usage manual, for sure, either Garner's or the MWDEU. That's a must. A1
- — CHICAGO STYLE HULK (@MANUALOFHULK)Wed, Feb 17 2016 21:04:39@copyeditors GARNER MODERN AMERICAN USAGE ONE OF HULK FAVES. (BUT AVOID EBOOK VERSION—WONKY CONVERSION.) #ACESCHAT http://www.amazon.com/Garners-Modern-American-Usage-Garner/dp/0195382757/ …
- — Ann Marie Gamble (@amgamble)Wed, Feb 17 2016 21:08:56A1: Garner's How Did I Do Without It for So Long (usage & idioms), Canadian Press Stylebook (for a particular client) #aceschat
- — Christine Ma (@mschristinema)Wed, Feb 17 2016 21:10:19
- — James M. Fraleigh (@jamesfraleigh)Wed, Feb 17 2016 21:11:49A1 I'd get someone entering the field Carol Fisher Saller's "Subversive Copy Editor" for some good general practices. #aceschat
- The list has a good start. Let's expand it.
- — Gerri Berendzen (@gerrrib)Wed, Feb 17 2016 21:12:16I’m partial to the CIA World Factbook for encyclopedia type info. #ACESchat https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/ …
ACESchat: Building an editing reference library
For the American Copy Editors Society Twitter chat on Feb. 17, 2016, we started with one question: What should be in your copy editing reference library?
byGerri Berendzen467 Views