- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:42:10I am going to tell you guys the process of how I became an refugee admitted to the United States of American and how long it actually is.
- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:45:04You have to submit ALL your documents. Birth certificates, report cards from school, IDs, driver licenses, passports, old utility bills.
- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:46:05If you're displaced, you have to provide proof that you are displaced. That your house was bombed/burned or that there are squatters in it.
- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:49:14Over the next 12 months they will review you the information you provided, check the validity of your documents and check your references.
- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:50:41If your story is true, if the documents are valid and everything checks out against their databases, then you get called in for an interview
- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:51:20This is the 1st interview of the many you will have. You sit in a room with a desk and a chair. A UN official is there to ask you questions.
- — Arnessa (@Rrrrnessa)Wed, Nov 18 2015 16:53:33They split you up so you tell your stories individually. Then you tell your story together. You tell them about the war & after the war.
As seen onvox.com
A refugee tells her story
byGerman Lopez1 Like427,805 Views