Video: "How Lent got ashes?" from Catholic News Service.
Here are some tweets on Ash Wednesday that appeared before noon:
- — Katlyn Smith (@katlynsmith14)Wed, Feb 22 2012 16:48:20
- — Tabatha K. Hightower (@TKHightower2)Wed, Feb 22 2012 14:44:45Gonna go to Mass today for Ash Wednesday BUT I'm gonna go at the end of the day so I don't have to explain the ashes on my forehead all day.
- This ancient tradition of receiving ashes remains a fresh tradition for some.
- — Nneka M. (@NisforNneka)Tue, Feb 21 2012 17:17:41The season of Lent is undoubtedly my favorite time of year. This Easter I will celebrate three years of being a confirmed Catholic.
- In Atlanta, some Catholic churches were making the experience an opportunity to connect with other Christian traditions.
- Taking advantage of social media, twitter users tagged their remarks with #ashtag
Ash Wednesday Marks the Start of Lent
Ash Wednesday begins the season of Lent in the Catholic church. Members of the church are called to examine their relationship with God and the wider community. Often times, it is done with the traditional practices of giving alms, fasting and prayer.
byGeorgia Bulletin679 Views