Cholamandalam Insurance Company is one amongst the top Indian insurers selling motor insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, and personal accident coverage along with top health insurance policies. Cholamandalam is well-known in the health insurance sector for it provides an array of comprehensive and convenient health packages according to the varied needs of the customers. Furthermore, the online purchase option makes Cholamandalam Health Insurance Policies all the more convenient as an option.
Why Should You Buy Cholamandalam Health Insurance Policy?
Cholamandalam works on the philosophy of trust, technology, and transparency; subsequently offering the following advantages in its health insurance plans:
• Cashless facility at all the empanelled hospitals.
• Coverage against hospitalization charges, along with pre hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses.
• Medical checkups post a certain number of consecutive claim-free years.
• Renewable for lifetime.
• Quick settlement of claims and 24*7 claim support.
• Income tax benefits as per section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The health insurance policy is available in 3 options, namely:
• Value Healthline
• Enrich Healthline
• Freedom Healthline
• Minimum entry age is 18 years.
• Maximum entry age is 65 years.
• Pre-policy medical checkups required.
• Reimbursement up to 50 per cent in case of Freedom and Value plan options; on approval.
• Reimbursement up to 100 per cent in case of Enrich plan option; on approval.
Key Policy Features
• This Cholamandalam Insurance Policy is available in family floater as well as individual form.
• The term of the policy can vary from 1to 3 whole years.
• The policy is also renewable for a lifetime, provided the premiums have been regularly paid without any break.
• All the 3 variants of this policy offer different options of sum insured:
o In case of Value Plan, the sum insured is Rs. 2 Lacs
o In case of Freedom Plan, the sum insured is Rs. 3 Lacs, Rs. 5 Lacs, or Rs. 7 Lacs.
o In case of Enrich Plan, the sum insured is Rs. 3 Lacs, Rs. 5 Lacs, Rs. 7.5 Lacs, and Rs. 10 Lacs.
• 6 per cent discount on the policies with a term of 2-years and 12 per cent discount on the policies with a term of 3-years.
• 10 per cent co-payment in case of Value plan.
Benefits of Cholamandalam Healthline Plan
• Hospitalization Charges: This policy covers the hospitalization expenses in case of the patient being admitted for over 24 hours.
• Pre-Hospitalization Expenses: All the medical expenses prior to hospitalization for up to:
o 30 days in case of Value Healthline Plan.
o 60 days in case of Freedom Healthline Plan and Enrich Healthline Plan.
• Post-Hospitalization Expenses: All the medical expenses post the hospitalization for up to:
o 60 days in case of Value Healthline Plan.
o 90 days in case of Freedom Healthline Plan and Enrich Healthline Plan.
• Emergency Ambulance Expenses - Up to a maximum of:
o Rs. 1,000 in case of Value Healthline Plan.
o Rs. 2,000 in case of Freedom Plan and Enrich Healthline Plan.
• Cumulative Bonus : In the form of an addition to the sum insured against each claim-free year, at the rate of:
o 5 per cent per annum, subject to a maximum of 25 per cent in case of Value Healthline Plan.
o 5 per cent per annum, subject to a maximum of 50 per cent in case of Freedom Healthline Plan.
o 5 per cent per annum, subject to a maximum of 10 per cent in case of Enrich Healthline Plan.
• Domiciliary Treatment Charges: For 7 days at the max in a policy year.
• AYUSH Expenses: On any treatments other than allopathic treatment, such as Ayurvedic, Unani, Homeopathy, and Siddha.
• Organ Donor’s Expenditures: In event of an organ of the policyholder being transplanted.
• Added Benefits under Enrich Healthline Policy
o Childcare expenses in event of hospitalization: Up to a maximum of Rs. 500 for a day; for up to 7 days.
o Up to Rs. 10,000 as an allowance for extended hospitalisation.
o In case of any of the listed critical illness, the sum insured gets doubled up.
NOTE: In case this Cholamandalam health policy is purchased in the form of a family floater plan, then the aforementioned shall represent the Cholamandalam Insurance Company’s maximum liability in case of any and every claim filed by the policyholder during the term of the policy.