"In this new world, if you want to connect with a younger audience, especially on social media, you really have to perceive how they feel about you. JPMorgan has not taken those steps to earn a dialogue..." - quote from businessinsider.com
- — J.P. Morgan (@jpmorgan)Wed, Nov 06 2013 12:41:45
- — J.P. Morgan (@jpmorgan)Thu, Nov 07 2013 09:36:08
- — J.P. Morgan (@jpmorgan)Mon, Nov 11 2013 11:30:06
Quote from American Banker post:
On the more serious side, the Twitter account for Occupy Wall Street Twitter advertised the bank's quickly-derailed experiment in social media, telling its followers,
"Ever wish you could give JP Morgan/Chase a piece of your mind? Check out the hashtag #AskJPM right now."
- — alexis goldstein (@alexisgoldstein)Wed, Nov 13 2013 13:24:18
- Good video clip from CNBC ...
Far too many tweets to list here... but a sample ... trying to keep the bad language out ;)
- — Walter Hamilton (@LATwalter)Wed, Nov 13 2013 14:23:02
- — E. M. Edwards (@E_M_Edwards)Wed, Nov 13 2013 14:35:42Are you sitting back laughing, as at the end of the day you'll delete this account and still have unlawfully, all that money? #askJPM
- — alexis goldstein (@alexisgoldstein)Wed, Nov 13 2013 14:43:20
- — alexis goldstein (@alexisgoldstein)Wed, Nov 13 2013 14:56:28
- — Lauren McGregor (@blondewonk)Wed, Nov 13 2013 15:47:04
- — Jim O'Donnell (@Micky_Finn)Wed, Nov 13 2013 16:53:06BTW, anyone know of openings for a social media strategist? @jpmorgan "Tomorrow's Q&A is cancelled. Bad Idea. Back to the drawing board."