- — Dan Froomkin (@froomkin)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:45:42My brain just exploded: Washington Post to be sold to Jeff Bezos http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/washington-post-to-be-sold-to-jeff-bezos/2013/08/05/ca537c9e-fe0c-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html?hpid=z1 …ional/washi…
- — Dan Froomkin (@froomkin)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:53:44It was almost too late, but w/the right people, right attitude & big money, Jeff Bezos can return the WaPo to greatness and profitability.
- — Dan Froomkin (@froomkin)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:21:46Very wise note from Don Graham: "Our answer had to be cost cuts and we knew there was a limit to that." http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/letter-from-donald-graham-on-sale-of-the-post/2013/08/05/3e6642e0-fe0f-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost …ional/lette…
- — Dan Froomkin (@froomkin)Tue, Aug 06 2013 00:45:44WaPo success lies in being what people think it used to be: Watergate, Pentagon Papers, fighter for public's right not to be lied to.
- — Dan Froomkin (@froomkin)Tue, Aug 06 2013 02:45:51Just read Don Graham's note: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/letter-from-donald-graham-on-sale-of-the-post/2013/08/05/3e6642e0-fe0f-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html …ional/lette… He's Lord Grantham, admitting he can't afford to keep Downton Abbey from falling apart.
Don Graham Sells Washington Post to Jeff Bezos So It Can Have a Better Life; and Hopefully, It Will
byDan Froomkin389 Views