- Update 02 February 2016: No, Jeffrey, BJUGrace people are associated with North Hills Community Church in Greenville. They do "nouthetic counseling," not counseling based on any scientific methods. Why are you so afraid to call them out on this?
- The link below will take you to the North Hills counseling page on their web site. Watch the video. Look at the credentials of their "counselors." None of their "counselors" have a SC license to practice counseling.
I realize you think it's important to be friends to everybody (except for me and a few others), but you do have to call a spade a spade at times. Why are you afraid?
- Update - 15 January 2016: So, BJU is having their "white out" as I write this. Before you dismiss this, ask yourself this question: How many college students at Clemson or USC (or most any other school, for that matter) were expelled because they dated someone outside their race? So, yeah, given the history of BJU, it's racist.
- Update 4 December 2015: I thought I'd pass this along to Jeffrey and the unity board:
- Update 24 November 2015: I get it. You don't want to be associated with some of us who are more vocal and don't care about the occassional vulgar word. But, how do you think we started? We started as disappointed. We were disappointed when BJU built a $3 million lobby on Rodeheaver Auditorium while they were laying off faculty. We were disappointed when many faithful faculty and staff who worked their entire adult lives with "the promise" they would be taken care of in their old age were charged rent for their meager homes. We were disappointed when the G.R.A.C.E. report was marginalized and tossed away by Bob Jones III and Steve Pettit.
But, we moved from disappointed to disgusted. We are disgusted to see Jim Berg's disgraced "counseling" methods continued and claimed "biblical." We are disgusted when we constantly hear heresy spouted from the Founder's Memorial Amphitorium. Heresy that keeps young people bound in a graceless system of rule-keeping and people-pleasing. We are disgusted to know that, just as in our day, all students are equal, but some are more equal than others (an idea from George Orwell's "Animal Farm").
Now, we're disaffected. We no longer care what anybody at BJU thinks of us. We hold out very little hope for change at 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd. We hold out little hope because we've seen how they have created an entire theology based on heresy. And, that will take true repentance in order to change. We hold out little hope because we've seen how Bob Jones III has lied throughout the decades. From his Larry King Live interview in 2000 to his BBC Radio Ulster interview earlier this year, he continues to minimize BJU's corporate sins and marginalize people. Well, people mattered to Jesus. Jesus saw that people's souls and bodies were fed. Jesus cares when someone is a victim/survivor of abuse. Jesus cares when people get bad "counseling" and are forced to "confess their part" of the abuse they suffered.
So, welcome to the Disappointed. You'll get disgusted soon enough. Then, when you get pissed, really pissed, at the injustices that happen regularly at BJU, you'll become Disaffected.
- And, in case you've never experienced this, listen. Listen to the obfuscations and prevarications. Yes, the race rule was a big deal. Mixed-race people had to declare what race they were and people were shipped because of this rule.
- Update 19 November 2015: "We would like... ." No, I demand. Change doesn't happen by being polite. Change happens when people get angry. We get angry, we demand. We get angry, we protest. We get angry at injustice. Forget being polite. Get angry. BJUGrace, you're the only ones keeping the GRACE report alive - that's a good thing. But, passive statements and hope won't change BJU. BJU writing checks to plaintiff's attorneys - that will make BJU change.
- Honestly, Jeffrey, you're like the people who told ACT UP not to protest because, eventually, the Reagan/Bush era would produce a ton of money for AIDS research and prevention. As far as helping people, the only person you help is yourself. You help yourself to undeserved credit and you help yourself to the limelight. Beyond that, you and BJUnity are helping no one.
- Just in case you don't know what ACT UP is:
- Friendships and books are great. Are you encouraging people to find an attorney? That's the only thing that will make BJU change anything. Get angry. Act up.
- Update 12 November 2015: So Jeffrey is now complaining about the article in which he participated. It doesn't seem to bother him he spoke as an expert about the history of the GOP or BJU, and, while he gave the reporter a couple of phone numbers of people of color who have attended BJU, he didn't tell them of other people who really could speak to the history of BJU. In addition to Dr. Camille Lewis, Theon Hill at Wheaton knows quite a bit about BJU history. Jeffrey might not have known about Theon Hill, but he does know about Dr. Camille Lewis. Of course, he would never give a reporter her phone number - he only knows about token black people. #JeffreyMarginalizesPeople
- Of course, Jeffrey really just pretends. At the recent LGBTQ purge at BJU, BJUnity did nothing. First Baptist and a few other individuals did a lot. BJUnity did nothing except take credit for other people's work. They really are a bunch white entitled people who throw a party every year. #BJUnityDoesNothing Jeffrey is really an expert in:
- Update - I've done an update on the Leah stuff at the end of the article, then I have a new update on Jeffrey's windmill fighting. Normally, I put the new stuff at the top so you don't have to go searching for it, but I want to keep Leah's shenanigans up front for now. It's just too good to move it down.
Update 06 November 2015: So, this happened this week: