SRA Bristol Training Day
On Wednesday 20th February the SRA held a regional training day organised by Richard Queree and Stu Manton, with help from the team at Burst Radio in Bristol. Below is how it all panned out.
- The first session of the day was from the team at BBC College of Production. They bought along Maggie Ayre, James Cook and John Byrne, all local producers or editors with the BBC.
- Then we had some tea and biscuits!
- After the brief break we had a session from Global Radio's Nick Piggott who spoke to us all about Radio Futurology.
- Nick was even brilliant enough to share his slides with us, you can download them from the tweet below.
- Then after Nick we welcome former URN Station Editor, Robin Murphy who gave us his top 10 tips. Things that he had to learn the hard way.
- After Robin, and keeping with the theme of "how you can improve your station" we welcomed Dave Cribb and Fun Kids' weekend breakfast presenter Sean Thorne.
- They listened to a couple of shows from Burst Radio, then gave some suggestions in how you can benefit from creating a better structure for your show. (The analogy they used was: "If you throw a load of flour, sugar and egg at a wall it doesn't make a cake!")
- After Dave and Sean we had a brief chat from Sponsorcraft's Dunan Knox.
- And that finished off the training day. In tiding up we found some lovely mittens, (which still haven't been claimed)...
- Then we went to 'Spoons for some dinner and drinks!
- Huge thankyou to Stu, Richard and Rob!