- In a discussion about blogs and identity it seemed that some of the women in my network were more interested in identity than the one man who took part. Obviously, I can't generalise from that but it did make me think.
- — Frances Bell (@francesbell)Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:15:26@DonaldClark @catherinecronin hmmm!! now thinking about gender and 'marked form' :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markedness#ohnoImentionedgender …
- — Catherine Cronin (@catherinecronin)Thu, Jan 15 2015 15:32:29
- — Frances Bell (@francesbell)Thu, Jan 15 2015 15:33:47@catherinecronin I have a little story to tell from working in a uni CS dept that might chime for you:) it's about student lists te he he
- It seems that Bonnie has also been thinking about marked form too.
- — Bonnie Stewart (@bonstewart)Thu, Jan 15 2015 18:28:30
Markedness and Identity
On Saturday, an interesting discussion was sparked off from a tweet by Doug Belshaw about naming conventions for women.