- John Richard Lukowski Jr. received a letter of commendation from Mayor Mike Speck for attaining Eagle Scout status.
- There were 9 events asking for council's
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Tue, Mar 11 2014 23:13:31Boro Mgr. Krack reiterating a feeling he's had in the past: boro admin is there to vet things, council is there to make policy decisions.
- Ichter is head of the parks and recreation committee and suggested starting next month, those events could be examined by the parks and recreation committee before they go to council.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Tue, Mar 11 2014 23:15:14Perednik makes a motion, with assist from Jon Ichter, to move all temp. community events go thru parks and rec committe first.
- For the annual Mom's House 5k, the charity has requested to waive the $25 application fee. Krack said they've done it in the past because the charity "has no money."
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Tue, Mar 11 2014 23:21:07Perednik makes motion to not waive application fee for Mom's House charity to not "set precedent." Bauers and Kuznar only members against
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Tue, Mar 11 2014 23:22:00Council recesses to executive session to discuss real estate when agenda item for Friendship Village conditional use approval comes up
- The executive session lasted approximately 10 minutes.
Phoenixville Borough Council Meeting, 3-11-14
Phoenixville Borough Council met Tuesday night for its quickest meeting so far this year. Water fees were debated and there was some tension that was eventually resolved.
byFrank Otto197 Views