- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 00:01:37In Phoenixville for borough meeting. Gonna be a long one I'm hearing. And off to a flying start w/ the local dissident causing a stir.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 00:10:42Council moving up approval of meeting minutes. Local dissident just screamed "objection" because it's going before public participation.
- Several were recognized for service to the borough
- Public comment
- The debate over a Main Street streetscaping plan which would eliminate 12 parking spaces began in public comment.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 00:26:48Tim Wolf up to voice support for keeping parking on Main St. "The question is not whether we should not do streetscapes." Said 2 diff plans
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 00:42:32Man who lives in area of Main also not excited about taking away parking. Says residents being forgotten about. "We really need to rethink"
- Council filled some vacant commission seats, too
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 01:01:24Edwin Soto unanimously appointed to plannign commission. Jon Ewald 6-2. Justin Baird 7-1. Soto was a council candidate for North Ward
- More Main Street discussion
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 01:08:39Kuznar- plan "nice but unfortunately the Middle Ward (has) a parking problem and that’s something we can’t just pretend it doesn’t exist.”
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 01:14:02Kuznar asks whether or not its too late to discuss about option for not eliminating parking on Main Street. Boro Mgr Krack thinks its not
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Wed, Feb 12 2014 01:17:15Jen Mayo said "due diligence has been served" on Main St. “For every one that doesn’t like it, there’s another one that does.”
Phoenixville Borough Council, 2-12-14
Another second Tuesday, another 5+ hour meeting. Residents expressed their dismay at parking plans on Main Street, recognition was given and Friendship Village finished up its public hearing. Also, I thought someone was going to choke to death. Excuse the typos. It is Twitter, after all.
byFrank Otto106 Views