- Trainor attempted to video a budget meeting and a misunderstanding led to the school board asking him to stop and threatening to potentially call the police.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Thu, Mar 20 2014 23:38:18Board Prez apologizing for not allowing recording of Tuesday's board meeting. Already had, via Facebook and to the guy who did recording.
- Multiple presentations were scheduled for the start of the meeting honoring students.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Thu, Mar 20 2014 23:07:52Presentations for east pikeland odyssey of the mind and K-Kids. Phoenixville community education foundation updating on winter fundraiser
- Those presentations led to a particularly full meeting.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Thu, Mar 20 2014 23:16:24A kid and his dad shut out in hall with me, looking thru window into room. Dad- "text your mom. Text your mom. Tell her to look left."
- The eminent domain case between Phoenixville Area School District and Meadow Brook Golf Club is ongoing. A hearing was recently held to begin examining whether the school district followed the correct procedure in condemning the property for its new early learning center/elementary school.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Thu, Mar 20 2014 23:41:53Man speaking Kellenberger (sp?) said article is from sept when school board announced they were planning on not neg. w/ Meadow Brook.
- — Frank Otto (@fottojourno)Thu, Mar 20 2014 23:45:54Also takes issue with putting athletic fields in. Says takes up most of property, not the school. "It's wrong to take this from the family."
- More public comment.
- Pottsgrove High School recently named their football field and auditorium after two prominent figures in the school's history.
Phoenixville Area School Board mtg, 3-20-14
The Phoenixville Area School Board met Thursday to discuss "Being the Best" and discuss incorporating more STEM into the curriculum in the district.
byFrank Otto53 Views