- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 08:03:24Day 3 of #gtcsPL. Share the literature which has had the biggest impact on your practice. Can we try and share more journal articles today?
- — St Matthew's Primary (@stmatthewsps1)Wed, Mar 04 2015 14:02:14The article 'Promoting Collaborative Learning Cultures: Putting the Promise into Practice' has helped me to see the big picture. #gtcsPL
- — Jennifer McNicol (@Jen_McN)Wed, Mar 04 2015 16:18:54
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 17:36:58“@judeenright: ~gtcsPL Easy, that one : @ProfCoe 's Manifesto for Evidence Based Education 1999 http://www.cem.org/attachments/ebe/manifesto-for-ebe.pdf … @fkelly” #gtcsPL
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 17:40:21“@geogphil short but v thought provoking: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning as an Authentic Practice https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=10H3VLjCIZLXaoaXgpgB&url=http://www.u.arizona.edu/~jag/POL602/Kreberteaching.pdf&ved=0CCsQFjAF&usg=AFQjCNEdzhaC0OA7OyG5SN6-zyv-h_fOPw …” #gtcsPL
- — Jacqueline Morley (@GTCSJac)Wed, Mar 04 2015 17:43:03
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:21:56
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:22:48
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:27:15I'm a fan of this paper: 'Learning how to learn and assessment for learning: A theoretical inquiry' http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mary_James3/publication/42798405_Learning_how_to_learn_and_assessment_for_learning_a_theoretical_inquiry/links/00b4952b565fc696b5000000.pdf … #gtcsPL
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:28:40Another good 'un: 'Developing the theory of formative assessment' http://teacherscollegesj.edu/docs/47-developingthetheoryofformativeassessment_12262012101200.pdf … #gtcsPL
- — John Gillard (@1johngillard)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:28:55This is excellent on use of assessment http://www.tlrp.org/pub/documents/assessment.pdf … by TLRP #gtcsPL @fkelly Credit @jopearson3 for sharing it on Masters course!
- — Robert Jones (@jonesieboy)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:29:29#gtcsPL Joyce and Showers discovered that most cpd sessions do not lead to changes in practice. Add peer coaching! http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/mar96/vol53/num06/The-Evolution-of-Peer-Coaching.aspx …
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 18:33:10A paper which refutes another paper: 'Scaffolding and Achievement in Problem-Based and Inquiry Learning' http://www.cogtech.usc.edu/publications/hmelo_ep07.pdf … #gtcsPL
- — Fearghal Kelly (@fkelly)Wed, Mar 04 2015 19:25:15“@geogphil: @fkelly most of the papers in here as a complexity theorist http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jay_Lemke/publication/227711345_Complex_Systems_and_Educational_Change_Towards_a_new_research_agenda/links/0c9605232547f20e96000000.pdf#page=59 …” #gtcsPL
- — Norrie McKay (@GTCS_Norrie)Wed, Mar 04 2015 19:36:37Sometimes niche market books have fundamental impact One of my favourites How To Solve It by George Polya. About heuristics but ...#gtcsPL
- — Norrie McKay (@GTCS_Norrie)Wed, Mar 04 2015 19:38:24... but helped me through Uni maths and taught me that maths is not a bag of tricks but a language and a way of thinking ... #gtcsPL
- — Norrie McKay (@GTCS_Norrie)Wed, Mar 04 2015 19:41:41... and that way of analysing problems can be applied to many areas of life. Most direct impact on practice was when I was PT ... #gtcsPL
#gtcsPL Week 3 Day 3
What literature has had the biggest impact on your practice?
byFearghal Kelly15 Views