- Ballot referendum #1 passed overwhelmingly on Election Day! Over 75% of voters confirmed a raise for subcontracted airport workers and others. This is a huge victory for fair wages everywhere. #YesOnOne!
On Election Day, Fight for Philly volunteers also joined PA Working Families, PCAPS, teachers, and many other supporters to collect signatures on a petition in favor of abolishing the School Reform Commission (SRC). We helped get to more than 40,000 signatures, double the 20,000 signature threshold to get a Philadelphia ballot question!
Check out where we were on Election Day, all around the city!
- That night, we joined POWER, PA Working Families, 32BJ SEIU, and others to celebrate our victory on question 1 and getting well over the 20,000 signatures required to get local control of schools on the ballot.
- Two days later, airport workers celebrated their victory at City Hall.
- And just this week, we delivered our petitions to City Council, with the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers, PA Working Families, 32BJ SEIU, Action United, Youth United for Change, and more.
- This is what over 40,000 signatures looks like!
- The next step is having City Council approve our ballot question so YOU can vote on it in November. It's time to abolish the state-controlled SRC and return our schools to local control!