- The event streams live beginning April 22 at 1:45 p.m. CDT at fooddialogues.com.This event will be moderated by Ron Insana, senior analyst, CNBC and financial industry expert.b
Panelists:Emily Anthese, journalist and author, Frankenstein's Cat (@EmilyAnthes)Dr. Bob Goldberg, plant molecular biologistMelinda Hemmelgarn, M.S., R.D., freelance writer, speaker and columnist (@food_sleuth)Pam Johnson, Iowa farmerMichael Olson, host of Food Chain Radio (@MichaelKOlson)Jerry Slocum, Mississippi farmerSteve Smith, chairman of SaveOurCrops.org
The GMO Panel discussions begins TODAY at 1:45 p.m. CT.Please stay tuned for our live social media coverage of the event.
BIO International Convention
- This year's convention runs April 22-25 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
- What is BIO? BIO stands for "Biotechnology Industry Organization." BIO represents more than 1,100 biotech companies, academic institutions, state biotech centers and other organizations.This year's BIO Internation Convention features 125+ sessions covering 15 topic areas.
- Farming is #1 industry in Illinois.
BioEngineered Foods/ GMO's
- Scratch below the headline says Emily Antes as she talks about the single study syndrome when it comes to how the media covers studies.
- Balanced reporting is necessary but it has to be balanced by the literature and science.
Farmer Slocum says a balance of information needs presented to consumers
- Melinda Hemmelgarn stated that glyphosate is an endocrine disrupter and a molecule not declared safe for people to eat yet.