- I did my Twitter Scavenger Hunt with Ishraqa. It was a really fun, nevertheless challenging assignment. We had to cross campus back
and forth and ask people questions. Then "tweet" their answers on our twitter account.
I was very worried about the time, as it seemed very compressed. Ishraqa kept her nerves under control, always reminding me that we will finish on time and that I had nothing to worry about. I was much faster than Ishraqa because I play sports. This made me run all the time and she had to keep up with me. She had a good laugh because I ran in a funny way (which is true), "like a penguin," she said.
Because our class is at 2, people have just gone to class after assembly hour, there weren't many people to ask. Even the people who were available were reluctant to speak to us at first. Thankfully, after we wasted a lot of time on every one, explaining the assignment, they agreed to cooperate.
However the same could not be said for Dr. Firas Al Atrichi. He was a whole different matter altogether. As soon as we entered his office, he said, "you're for the 202 Twitter Savenger hunt assignment, right?" At that moment, I thought he was going to kick us out or at least, not help us with any comments at all. Instead he surprised me by saying, "please have a seat.Ragged and out of breath, we did as we were asked. I began to askihim questions and he, very patiently, began to answer, while Ishaqa took tweets. He was very patient and nice, but I didn't have much time to dwell on the thought, for we had to go on the run again.
My favourite tweets were of question 10. Our photos at our favourite spots on campus. I liked them because they felt very personal, and had very different responses from one student to another. Since they also came las and we were exhausted, they were like a treat to me , and although we looke very tired in the pictures, there was also pride and a sense of accomplishment. That is why I like those tweets.
Completing this assignment was like running a track race, but with a partner. We didn't have much time to think , we just ran and tweeted. Ishraqa tried to be as accurate as possible with her tweets, and I tried to nag her as much as possible to hurry up. Thank goodness I did that because we finished at the nip of time. I have an injury in my leg so it hurt alot by the end of the assignment. That's why I came to class in a horrible shape.
Despite the difficulties, I must admit that I enjoyed working on the assignment very much. It was a very unique experience for me. When I came to university, I never imagined myself holding an I-phone and tweeting as part fo an assignment. But, anyway, at this class, I have learned to "expect the unexpected!" I had so much fun.
Our Next stop, Our Tweets!
- Professor Firas after talking with us, he was very helpful and knew how the game goes, afterall we are not the first desperate hunters he receives!
- Ibrahim was very reluctant (as others) to have his photo taken, but thanks to our amazing persuasive abilities, he finally agreed!
- Reham decided we should take her photo while she's working, not as a portrait, to show her perseverance and skill!!
- Yup! That's me! I like this place alot as I have been to it before the hunt, so I suggested it as a place not many people know about!
- We had to take the booth photo more than once as we couldn't fit all the booths without distorting the photo!
- We do! we have no fencing trainers and I have to train by myself for championships, it's not fun! We were in a hurry when we took this photo I wasn't even standing still! You know what they say! Time is money!
- No one would look at us while we took the photo. It was very frustrating. Thank goodness they agreed on being photographed in the first place!
- As for those two, the were extremely nice and sweet. They had all the time in the world to give us. I kind of envied them! Them... chilling at the food court with a BR ice cream.. us... running around hunting tweets!! (Thay thought we were actually hunting prizes when we told them about the assignemnt!)
- Not much to say about that. I truly thought it was beautiful. What do you think?
- And finally!! in this photo, there is a true sense of accomplishment. I am very proud of us and glad we are finally done!! I really like this photo of myself.
- By the time we are done Eshraqa is so exhuasted she can't even stand without leaning on the wall! but don't get me wrong. She truly loves the bookstore.
This my Twitter scavenger hunt story. Hope you enjoyed reading it!!
Twitter Scavenger Hunt
The following tweets are from my Twitter Scavenger Hunt Assignment, our first for the semester. I partnered with Ishraqa and had so much fun doing it. It was very challenging nevertheless fun. We had to tour the whole campus colleting tweets in just 75 minutes so we were basically running around!