- Many speakers noted that the ongoing scandal endangers the credibility of the whole car sector, and called on the Commission to speed up the introduction of real drive emissions testing.
- A recording of the debate will be made available on the Parliament's audiovisual website.
As it happened
- The debate opened shortly after 15.00 CET with environment committee chair Giovanni La Via:
- He was followed by the chair of the consumer protection committee Vicky Ford:
- Chair of the industry committee Jerzy Buzek noted that the Volkswagen scandal could have repercussions on the image of other EU car manufacturers:
- Transport committee chair Michael Cramer:
- Elżbieta Bieńkowska, the commissioner with responsibility for the internal market and industry: