- Europa Cinemas is happy to team up for the first time with the Sevilla European Film Festival for its third “Audience Development & Innovation Lab” in 2014. In an increasingly dynamic and busy digital consumer context, what are the strategies that cinemas can adopt to remain vital spaces for their local communities? In an environment where audiences expect more from their investment of time and money, how can cinema professionals respond positively and smartly to the shifts in the way people experience and share content, building relevant brands and offers that are in tune with today’s audiences? Whilst it’s widely accepted that digital has fostered a proliferation of film making, watching and sharing, what are the practical business opportunities for cinema operators in this new environment?
- Entitled “STANDING OUT IN THE DIGITAL AGE - Place-Making, Brand-Building & Shareability” and directed by Madeleine Probst (Producer, Watershed Media Centre, UK), Jon Barrenechea (Project Development Manager, Picturehouse Cinemas, UK) and Ivo Andrle (Distributor, Exhibitor, Kino Aero/Aerofilms, Czech Republic), this seminar invites a diverse range of European exhibitors to come together with other sections of the industry to share knowledge and discover innovative audience development initiatives, social media strategies, pilot projects exploring the crossover potential between cinema exhibition and VoD platforms, festivals experimenting with new methods of sharing content, organisations developing new business models with a dynamic approach to place-making, brand-building and networking, etc… and to work collaboratively to turn today’s perceived challenges into business opportunities.
- DAY 1 - THURSDAY 13 NOVEMBER
- Opening of the seminar
- José Luis Cienfuego (Director,Sevilla European Film Festival)
Claude-Eric Poiroux (GeneralDirector, Europa Cinemas)
Madeleine Probst (Vice President,Europa Cinemas, Producer, Watershed, UK)
- Keynote: The Long Game
Ivo Andrle (Exhibitor, Distributor, KinoAero / Aerofilms, Czech Republic)
- SETTINGOUT THE CHALLENGES & GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER
Introduction by Madeleine Probst (Vice President, Europa Cinemas, Producer, Watershed, UK)
Meet the workshop leaders Madeleine Probst, Jon Barrenechea and Ivo Andrle, the Europa Cinemas team and the participants
- DAY 2 - FRIDAY 14 NOVEMBER