- Led by Madeleine Probst (Vice-President of Europa Cinemas and Cinema Producer, Watershed, United Kingdom) together with Javier Pachon (President of Cineciutat and Cinearte, Spain) and Erika Borsos (Programmer, Budapest Film, Hungary), it is a great opportunity to share current thinking and practical solutions.
The focus will be on how to make the most of your biggest asset; the people within your organisation. We will explore ways of optimising resources in order to build more sustainable and dynamic relationships with audiences in a context of ever increasing abundance of content and platforms. Expect practical solutions to getting to know existing audiences better and overcoming barriers to engagement working towards more responsive and inclusive strategies to develop audiences for a diverse range of cinema experiences.
Headline topics will include:
• Building relationships; from community design to data analysis and customer relationshipmanagement
• Making the most of your resources from organisational development to involvingvolunteers and fundraising
• Better understanding barriers to engagement from pricing, accessibility to discoverability issues.
• Developing responsive and holistic communication andeditorial strategies on and offline
• Closer co-operation and exchange of practice between European cinemas and distributors
- Wednesday 13 March 2018
- The Sofia Lab 2018 has just kicked off! Claude-Eric Poiroux, Mira Staleva and Madeleine Probst opened the lab, welcoming the 32 participants coming from 19 different countries
- Who are the participants? What are their biggest challenges?
- Here are the main ones: older audience, problems to reach teen-ager audience, relations with distributors, not attractive exteriors, obsolete ticketing system unable to analyse the audience profiles
- Thursday 14 March
- Session 1 – Building up your Resources through Community Engagement
Funraisin with your community: #RIOGENERATION Campaign, Rio Cinema (Oliver Meek, UK)
- Oliver Meek opens the second day with the presentation of his fundraising campaign to renovate Rio Cinema. He managed to raise 124 000 pounds through support from trusts and foundations, donations and a crowdfunding campaign on Spacehive