- Earth Day is a time to appreciate the beautiful planet we have and to remind ourselves of the incredible responsibility we each hold to protect it.
- Concern for the environment touches all aspects of the Government of Canada. Departments and agencies like Health, Fisheries and Oceans, Indigenous and Northern Affairs, Parks, Transport, Natural Resources, to name a few, are all committed to protecting our Canadian environment! So naturally, we all took to social media, as did the Prime Minister of Canada, to appreciate the land on which we live.
- The Government of Canada marked Earth Day 2016 in a really amazing way.
In the lead-up to Earth Day, the Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, was busy connecting with Canadians through a town hall event with climate change experts that was broadcast via Facebook Live so that all Canadians could take part. The discussion focused on Canadians’ innovative climate change solutions.
- At the event, Minister McKenna launched Environment and Climate Change Canada’s interactive climate change website. It’s a great opportunity for you to have your say on how Canada could and should be addressing climate change. Let’s hear from you!
- Following the town hall, Minister McKenna and Prime Minister Trudeau travelled to the United Nations in New York City for the signing ceremony of the #ParisAgreement, and to meet with key international counterparts on moving climate policy and action forward as quickly as possible.