- The industry of SEO and Amazon SEO is changing at a fast pace. For instance, in the past, the annual algorithm drove the search results, however, in contemporary times, the traffic and ranking of websites change on the weekly basis. This is why updates by the famous search engines are not confirmed as the rate of change is fast. For instance, if one compares the updates, the leading marketing companies only confirmed two of them. This means that the guidance or transparency process of the search engines is not helpful. So, the method of ranking and assessing them will require changes. In this context, marketing companies are hosting sessions to find the solutions to the problem of digital ranking, below mentioned is the gist of the answers given by the experts to adapt to the contemporary changes.
- If you notice change in the ranking or if your ranking has come down in one day, you may read it as the outcome of an algorithm update, however, it does not mean that you have been a victim of it because if you look at it closely, you will see that the algorithm update is not the cause. Many experts believe that there can be many causes of the decrease in your traffic. For if the site has been redesigned or adjustments have been made, it can have an impact on the ranking. Therefore, it could be you who have done something to alter the ranking or change in the site that may have contributed to the loss. Hence, the sane approach is to look for the changes you have made in the past few days. If you have not seen the team activity, it can help you to trace the changes. Additionally, a person responsible for the changes should be the first person you talk to if you come across the problem in ranking or traffic. Furthermore, if you know the data, it may inform your assessment in short time. Following are the important areas you can check.
Search Console: If you are looking for the manual penalty, you can search the console to find the problems.
Traffic Pages: There are various pages on the website, if you start randomly, it can take more time, however, if you start from the page that shows low traffic, it may help. For instance, if only one page is showing changes, it is probably not the algorithm
Organic Traffic Data: If you think that it is definitely the algorithm change, you can search for the impact on the search engine.
Competitors: Another interesting tip is to look at the competitors, see if they have witnessed changes. If it is the algorithm change, it may affect particular types of results. Similarly, the ranking of your contemporaries can also help to figure out the situation. In addition, do not forget that it may not be anything to do with the algorithm, as there are many possible causes that can trigger changes.
- All the people associated with the SEO industry know that there are tools for everything in the market, especially if it has got anything to do with the SERP changes. Most of the tools have numerous benefits. Therefore, if you accept the fact that SEO industry undergoes changes, it will help you to prepare for the unexpected situations. The same goes for the sports industry and entertainment, as it is hard to predict the changes. However, SEO tools assist the experts in figuring out the performance of sites in addition to surveying the impact on the SERP. Similarly, if you are not looking at the big picture, you may not be able to connect the dots. This is why if can look for changes in the industry rather than focusing on your website; it could help you to identify one pattern.
- The main goal of the search engines is to please the users, for instance, most of the strategies are based on the likeness of the users. So, if you can compile something that is liked by the users, you will not get affected by any change in the market. The idea is to focus on the quality. Similarly, if you can provide the users something that has not been addressed by anyone before, it can make your website indispensable. Similarly, if you remain consistent in producing your content, it will build you audience, the main point is to show steady pace. In simple words, users are interested in the experience, but if it lacks authority or trust, you may not establish the name of the brand. Therefore, it is good to find a balance between authority, experience, and trust rather than focusing on one aspect. In addition, find those elements that may help you to distinguish from the competition.
- Talking to the contacts in the industry is another efficient way of determining the nature of the changes. For instance, you cannot identify all the problems by yourself, however, if your team connects with the clients and their preferences are researched, it will provide you the relevant insights. Similarly, try not to jump to the conclusion, the main point is to show patience and try to look for the flaws on your website. It may not be easy, but with the help of the team members, the process can be made less hard and if you look for the changes by using tools, it may guide you to respond to the changes. Creating content that is distinct is another way to make your place despite the number of changes, as the preference of the users can determine the success of your product more than the ranking. Similarly, there are various loopholes that can contribute to the decrease in traffic, which will require detail inspection. Lastly, it is good to stay calm even if you are inclined to react, as it will help you to look at the big perspective rather than getting carried away by the emotions or wrong indicators.