#IDRC2014 - Emergency 2.0 Wiki sponsor report
The Emergency 2.0 Wiki presentation at the 5th International Disaster and Risk Conference in Davos Switzerland (#IDRC2014) 26-28 August 2014 was made possible thanks to sponsorship by Emergency Management Australia. Here is a Storify report on how we thanked them on social media.
- #IDRC2014 was organised by the Global Risk Forum in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) and is the largest world gathering of key players in this field. The conference attempts to find solutions to today’s challenges by managing risks, reducing disasters and adapting to climate change.
- It was also a powerful opportunity to shape future world policy, making recommendations for the Post 2015 Disaster Risk Reduction Framework. We did this via an extended abstract, personal statement and our presentation:
- as well as a Red Chair Video Statement at the conference:
- The Emergency 2.0 Wiki's presentation was made possible thanks to sponsorship by Emergency Management Australia, part of the Australian Attorney General’s Department:
- In the leadup to the conference we shared a blog post in which we announced the sponsorship:
- We shared the blog post along with a shoutout via Twitter, Facebook and Google+:
- During the conference we gave a shoutout via Facebook:
- We shared a photo of our Founder & CEO Eileen Culleton presenting the supporter slide, along with a shoutout on Twitter, Facebook & Google+:
- Following the conference we wrote a wrapup blog post which included a shoutout:
- which we shared via Twitter, Facebook and Google+:
- We also posted on our Wiki LinkedIn Group (we can't share the posts here as it's a private group):
- We shared the presentation, with the sponsor logo on the cover slide, via Slideshare:
- the Wiki Events page:
- and the Wiki Policy Submissions page:
- We also posted a link to the presentation in the Wiki Library in the Public Policy Papers and Discussions section:
- The Emergency 2.0 Wiki extends a big thank you to the Australian Attorney General's Department and Emergency Management Australia for making our presentation at this critical global disaster conference possible.