- Reaction from Twitter users was almost universally vitriolic.
- — jeffreymcmanus (@jeffreymcmanus)Thu, Sep 29 2011 17:22:35This kind of BS is why we didn't even consider going with a big bank for our new business account: t.co/pvzjEZkl
- — ScottsdaleSteve (@ScottsdaleSteve)Thu, Sep 29 2011 17:27:46@LADreamr Same here! We tried, no one would give us any response! Never again!! I hate Bank of America!! Worst of the Worst!
- — llaHekiM (@llaHekiM)Tue, Sep 27 2011 02:43:35I want to slap the collective Bank of America.They are not helpful.The worst part is, they control an account I pay to. And they mess it up
- — Gr8houseofHumor (@Gr8houseofHumor)Thu, Sep 29 2011 17:25:00Bank of America plans to charge customers a $5 monthly fee for making debit-card purchases in latest attempt to go bankrupt.
- — StaceyLaToya (@StaceyLaToya)Thu, Sep 29 2011 17:26:22WTF!! Seriously!! @washingtonpost Starting in January 2012, Bank of America plans to charge debit-card users monthly $5 fee .
- — frankrebecca (@frankrebecca)Thu, Sep 29 2011 17:37:03Alright folks. If I were to drop Bank of America, where should I go? Note: I live in DC and travel a lot up and down the East Coast.
- — shargriffith (@shargriffith)Thu, Sep 29 2011 17:32:59
More Fees From Bank of America
Bank of America announced plans to charge customers $5 a month for making purchases with their debit cards, causing "Bank of America" to trend on Sept. 29.
byMike Nadeau269 Views